Even though this smells like a treat you can eat....it's not! But, our Gingerbread Playdough is made of all edible ingredients and smells just like a delicious gingerbread cookie!
This play dough makes a great snowy day activity or a great gift for other kiddos! We make this dough for all of our boys' friends and wrap it up along with a mini cookie cutter and it's always a big hit! This is a great activity to have your kids help with too. Be sure to double the recipe so you have some for your own kids to play with!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp all spice (or ground cloves)
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 cup water
1 tbsp canola oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix over medium heat.
- Mix until dough comes together and pulls up from the side of the saucepan (warning: this takes a while and is quite the arm workout!).
- When dough comes together, remove from heat and hand knead the dough on a countertop until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container.